• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What would you like to see?

rabst

Reaction score
:bluesquarecool:
1) You should already receive emails on replies to posts.
https://www.gamerebels.com/account/contact-details
You're right, and after I posted I went and updated my info there (just to make sure). And look, here I am!

2) Facebook games could be discussed in the General Gaming section.
Thanks.

Regarding adlfy, I really do not want to degrade our forum and posts to use these type of links.
It's a shame that people mistake "advertising" for 'scamming & "being a sellout" and greed etc." The way I display `em (which I won't on this forum), they're more like 'billboards on the Info-Superhighway between where I write the link and where the link leads.'

But I understand. If you had advertising-links here, forum-members wouldn't see anything wrong with linking to all sorts of scam-sites and pay-per-click/task penny-hoarding sites (similar to Bitcoin-hoarding, but for 'real' credit :D)

And then there are some sites that--through the cookies which your computer 'has' to save in order to read the site--load 'software you don't want on your computer,' software that says and does things "as you" across the network (among other things). To clear-away some of that "viral stuff," I regularly clean (most of) my cookies and junk-files with CCleaner (which I could link to, but you can get it for free if you search-for it.)

Matter of fact, CCleaner would be ANOTHER good Useful 'Link Here' entry :writer::bluesquarecool:

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Tapatalk would be nice.
Thought of it, but the forum is 100% completely responsive and works well in any mobile browser.

Tapatalk adds more addons and extensive resources. Not to mention the HUGE security risk.

RivaCom

Reaction score
Thought of it, but the forum is 100% completely responsive and works well in any mobile browser.

Tapatalk adds more addons and extensive resources. Not to mention the HUGE security risk.

Tapatalk is 100% easier then a responsive web design, at least for me. I've ran tapatalk on at least 8 of the forums I have setup without issues on very small servers. So I would assume you'd be fine here. But if your worried about security holes (have yet to see anything that hasn't been corrected by them), then maybe hold off.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
I had it running on my other forum that has over 2.1 million posts.
I removed it off there too.
But if your worried about security holes (have yet to see anything that hasn't been corrected by them), then maybe hold off.
9JnY1N7.png

It takes them a while to fix their mistakes and security issues. Even still, they don't even bother letting anyone know that it happened and tries to cover it up. After getting the update done, they do not let users know that there was one or to update. Leaving the majority of forum owners vulnerable to attacks.

RivaCom

Reaction score
Have you used them since? Again every update and every bug i've gotten notifications for in the last year. So not sure why you think they don't tell you about it. Anywho it doesn't matter. Let's move on =).

How about streams on the sidebars? Or a list of active , featured streams.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
I agree, this would be pretty cool! We would need some more active streamers though! :p

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
The useful links section in the footer needs to have something other than "Link Here" which in my opinion does not look very professional.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
We would need people to submit their streams to our section in order for the sidebar widgets to have anything in them.
The useful links section in the footer needs to have something other than "Link Here" which in my opinion does not look very professional.
I agree! It was more or less a place holder. However, due to an unfortunate event I was unable to come back and update a lot of things on the website. I am no looking for links to put there :)

Guardian

Reaction score
I agree! It was more or less a place holder. However, due to an unfortunate event I was unable to come back and update a lot of things on the website. I am no looking for links to put there :)

How about 'Interesting Posts' or 'Active Posts' until you find something better? A good temporary placeholder.

Referal

Reaction score
How about more things to win like prizes and gifts like for active and contributing members to Gamerebles?

prasanna kumar

Reaction score
You can attract more visitors by conducting small gaming contest or something once in a week or fifteen days , and to make it even more exciting offer people with some bonus points.

MICHAEEMEKA

Reaction score
well on my opinion i would like to earn more points and also make the community to be great

luispas

Reaction score
In general I think the community it's pretty good, but I noticed that the most of people is asking to find something to do with the rebellion points, so the only thing this place need it's the shop, it would be cool. Personally, I would love to see something like a competition, but it's hard to do it and I don't know what kind of contests you could make here.

Weygd

Reaction score
Hey there,
Just some quick suggestions that would make me visit GR more often.

1. Maybe opt for a better logo. Not that I really dislike the current one, but.. it can be improved quite easily. Don't hesitate if you need an hand on this.
2. Being able to unstick the topbar. I personally don't like the fact that the navigation bar follows you wherever you got, and I'd like to have an option (profile > preferences ?) to unstick it for my account/session.
Thanks !