• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What's Your Favorite GTA Title?

COD

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that I've played every one of the GTA titles, except for the latest (GTA 5), and in my opinion, I think that Vice City was easily the best one.There is just something about the game that the others don't seem to have. I also like the cars, fashion, voices, and music. And the missions were great too.

What's your favorite title?

GamingRebel

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that I've played every one of the GTA titles, except for the latest (GTA 5), and in my opinion, I think that Vice City was easily the best one.There is just something about the game that the others don't seem to have. I also like the cars, fashion, voices, and music. And the missions were great too.

What's your favorite title?
I think that you are loosing out a lot by not playing GTA V as in my opinion and I think most or some will agree is the best. For one you get to be 3 characters at the same time and take part in all of their stories and personalities and how they wind together. In V they also have many fun and random side missions that I laughed my ass off at and played multiple times. As for the multiplayer that was the best aspect of GTA V. In it you could customize your character so much from the hair style, to tattoos, to even masks. One of my favorite features about the new one is how you can play fan made maps with your fiends, there is also special weapons they added for certain occasions. Overall they spent the most money and time in GTA V and I think that it payed off with just the story and the online was a whole new game for the price of one.

All I got to say is penthouses xD!

BluBird

Reaction score
Vice City is easily my favorite, I don't think it will ever change. The cast were terrific, the story was awesome and the soundtrack is the best in out of all GTA games. So much to do even after you beat the game, I must have 100% it over a dozen times.

Reactions: COD

COD

Reaction score
Vice City is easily my favorite, I don't think it will ever change. The cast were terrific, the story was awesome and the soundtrack is the best in out of all GTA games. So much to do even after you beat the game, I must have 100% it over a dozen times.
You got 100%? So you picked up all of the packages and did all of the Rampages? Wow, that must have taken you a long time. I remember reading somewhere that when you finish the game 100% the mobsters that are in your mansion are all wearing t-shirts that say something about you finishing the game on them.

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
San Andreas was mine. Good classic that I'm sure everyone loved. Completed it numerous times over the past few years.

kittyworker

Reaction score
Can I say all of them?
GTA V I feel took GTA to the next level. Yes San Andreas and GTA IV were awesome games, although Rockstar has kept up the progression of quality and features which makes GTA V the best in my eyes.

Thomas Hall

Reaction score
I liked Grand theft auto San andreas as you could do dating and go to missions and, the game was a huge one as had to travel a lot and could make your character look different and use jetpack and swim as well. The betrayal of Big smoke and ryder is shocking and heart breaking by carl as he feels they were friends and even when you kill big smoke can see the pain he has in having to do this. The graphics were real good and, nice to play in the game and flying a plane was a challenge as sometimes the plane would not fly as that good.

Squigly

Reaction score
It's hard to choose between GTA III and IV, both of them are really awesome games. I think that they really brought open world games to the next level. I haven't played GTA V yet though, from all the rave reviews I've heard I'm certain it will be one of my favorite PC games.

Onfroi

Reaction score
San Andreas, even today I play it because of an unofficial multiplayer mod. But the singleplayer was great as well, so much you can do, so much you can explore, not to mention the story mode was amazing, I still think San Andreas' story was better than GTA V's story, for one because it's longer, and because it has more details.

niiro17

Reaction score
For me it's San Andreas. Second is Vice city, I really like the story of the old games than V or IV. And SA is very fun to play until now.

Michael

Reaction score
When I was a little boy, I used to play the older titles on my PS2.

God were those the days.. When you get a girlfriend in San Andreas, I announce it to my dad.

I like Vice City :)

jteezymob

Reaction score
GTA: San Andreas is my favorite, hands down. To be honest, it's more relatible to me than the others. Many of the little annoyances about the previous GTA games were fixed with this one. For one, you can swim! Which makes it so much better. The story-line is pretty long and complex, but really good. There is so much to do all around the 3 islands, so it takes a long while before you actually do it all, if you make it that far. You can also fly airplanes, which is pretty sweet. Other new features include: eating, muscle gain, girlfriends, business ownership, and probably some other stuff I can't think of.

I loved this game so much, I just bought it for Android. :)

Lex

Reaction score
San Andreas is really the last one I played. GTA IV's PC port was so horrible. When I bought my new PC I thought I could play it easily after having ran all kinds of graphically intensive games like Far Cry 3 and Bioshock Infinite, but no, it was laggy as hell even on lowest settings. I can run GTA V on lowest settings with 30-40 FPS but I can't handle the quality. I'll play these after having built my new PC, unless IV decides an FX6300 and an R7 260x are still not good enough for it. Out of the ones I played though, III, vice city, and San Andreas, the last one won definitely. The world was huge for a game its age, the animations were good enough, and the cutscenes were awesome, again for a game this old. The missions were diverse and fun and the story was an awesome ride from beginning to end.

Brandon

Admin
Administrator
Premium
Reaction score
San Andreas is really the last one I played. GTA IV's PC port was so horrible. When I bought my new PC I thought I could play it easily after having ran all kinds of graphically intensive games like Far Cry 3 and Bioshock Infinite, but no, it was laggy as hell even on lowest settings. I can run GTA V on lowest settings with 30-40 FPS but I can't handle the quality. I'll play these after having built my new PC, unless IV decides an FX6300 and an R7 260x are still not good enough for it. Out of the ones I played though, III, vice city, and San Andreas, the last one won definitely. The world was huge for a game its age, the animations were good enough, and the cutscenes were awesome, again for a game this old. The missions were diverse and fun and the story was an awesome ride from beginning to end.
GTA V Pc port works 100x better then iv's you wont be disappointed if you get it

//
My favorite would be San Andreas

Zander Collision

Reaction score
For me it is San Andreas. I have completed the game several times, not 100% though. My favourite radio station is Radio Los Santos. I just loved the songs on that station. The story was great and I played SAMP as well. Havent played GTA V till now. I have heard good reviews of GTA V.

RivaCom

Reaction score

Did I play the same game? With some mods for GTA IV, it looks just as good if not better then V.
Not to add, the R7 260x is a very low end card. It'll play the game but your going to have to sacrifice a lot.

I like IV's story better but do really appreciate V's story as well.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Vice City for sure.

Now that I go back and play it sometimes, it is hard because I'm use to the controller scheme of what we play today. However, still hold some of the best GTA memories with Vice City :)

Bear

Reaction score
GTA 5 would have to be my current favourite just because it's the newest one and it has the most content. I remember playing GTA 3 and I absolutely loved it. I'd consider GTA 3 to be my all time favourite GTA game. I had so much fun with it and to this day it is one of the most fun games I've ever played. I wouldn't go back and play it now because it's so outdated and I'd probably have more fun with GTA 5 but that doesn't mean it wasn't great at the time.

AntwanCeja

Reaction score
I know that I might sound a little odd to some of you, but I just fell in love with the VICE CITY version of GTA. I got say that I loved everything about it. The music was so good, the world, the trama... everything was great about this game. I still play it from time to time just to remember the good old days. Thumbs up for this game!!

camshaq23

Reaction score
The lost and Damned was a very good title. It just seems more mean and gangster than the rest. Those bikers from the sequel were the toughest gang I've ever seen in my life though, thumbs up to them.