• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Why do you actually enjoy gaming?

StolenKid

Reaction score
I think I enjoy gaming because it's very relaxing for me :smiley:, I do enjoy the challenges and takes away the stress of everyday.

nickdamon

Reaction score
One of the main reasons I love gaming is purely the immersive factor gaming can instill on you. Sometimes I kind of forget I'm sitting in front of a computer playing a game, much like how I get sucked into really great books or movies. But I can control the games, my character, the outcome, etc. Games are just tons of fun for me and a great way to unwind and forget about other things going on.
The other biggest reason I play is for the gaming community. I love meeting new people, in-game especially. I'm a fan of rp and it takes others to make great scenes and to really have fun with it. I've met many great people in different groups for games I love and I couldn't ask for much more than that from gaming.

Deen

Reaction score
I am indoor person, an introvert. I like games because they keep me company when I am done with work and they provide some sort of adrenaline similar to extroverts feel when they go out socializing, partying.

AnthonyB

Reaction score
I can't really play games as much as I want to anymore. But, I used to play as an escape. I like to think it actives the same part of my brain as finding a good show to watch on Netflix. It's just addicting feeling where I have to know what comes next, beat the next level, and see what's the next situation. I like to think that's why I prefer action/adventure games over anything. A giant part of me wishes I could go back to the good old days.Getting old sucks.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
I love games because they have worlds that I don't want or is not real, and make you understand how they live. I like it because it make me transport to another worlds where you can be whatever you want and you can be free and happy in those worlds.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
Helps me relax and have some quality time with my friends, since I never play solo when it comes to online gaming. Or just to chill a bit when I play single-player. I am avoiding the toxic communities.

WarVet

Reaction score
To me gaming is my form of relaxing and releasing some stress. We all have our ways of dealing with the daily challenges in life, you know like your jobs, economy and other stuff, but when you put on that console, and sit down with that 60inch television in front of you, well these things go away for a while and its just you and your game that takes center stage...NIRVANA I say!

Same here brother. Mainly relax and escape from life's problems at least for a little while .Also i like living alternative realities and comparing them to my own. "What would i do in his place?" i often find myself wondering. I do have a tendency to assocaite myself with fictional characters so if im playing a game where the main character faces life issues similar to my own, it makes me enjoy the experience a lot.

Dan bers

Reaction score
I enjoy the adventure, I love the suspense and however awkward I want the adrenaline pumping when I am on my last life and the last checkpoint is waaaaaay back:sweat::tired::tired:. Challenge actually makes the game enjoyable to play, the point you seem not to get stuck in one place and you have to go out for a walk cursing the game then when you come back you realise how much a dummy you were. Gaming also brings me and my friends together in one place and forget that the world has troubles.

hermessantos

Reaction score
The games make me relaxed. In addition, through the games I can disconnect from the real world and from all the daily problems. I have fun and sometimes interact with other people in online games.

Cendrillon

Reaction score
Is "I enjoy gaming because is fun" a bad answer... ? No because that is literally why I enjoy gaming!

Cheers to that!
Not to mention that for us daydreamers, gaming feeds our imagination nonstop.
It's good to take a break from routine and immerse yourself into other worlds since ours can be pretty troublesome.

Bayoneutra

Reaction score
I like games because they help me disconnect from my problems and issues. It's good to simply let go of your worries and dedicate yourself to goals and worlds that you CAN control. That's why I enjoy ridiculously simple and cute games, I don't need a deep, complex plotline to get happy.

HOWEVER, I also happen to be a huge fan of storytelling and plots and I love following someone's journey towards a goal. I'm a reader, and I love videogames that are like a visual book, where we get to see a story unfold before our very eyes.

Gaming is entertainment that makes me happy, by being super simple or super complex, and it helps me disconnect from reality and for that I can't be thankful enough.

thart

Reaction score
it's my escape from reality :sweatsmile::tearsofjoy: nothing else matters when i'm in the game. it's like dreaming. it's so fun and it makes me happy, makes me use my mind to overcome difficult situations and also it makes me feel accomplished when i beat the final goal :wink::yum:

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
It's actually quite relaxing. When you have a hard day, you can always dive into a different universe where killing monsters is like a daily thing. It makes your mind rest up a bit by not having to think analytically, worrying about problems, and all real life situations. It also is perfect for killing time, which would really be needed if you are bored and have nothing better to do. Also, it's fun. A man only has one life. A gamer gets to live a thousand lives.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I enjoy gaming because it helps me relive the stress I have in reality. Aside from that, it actually fuels my creativity as I discover more and more ways to get an audience hooked into something. Different games, different feels, but a lot of them can just grab the audience and pull them towards an adventure that they won't regret being a part of.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Gaming is an all time stress reliever for me. It helps me to divert my mind from all my worries and tensions. I get a break from the daily responsibilities both at work as well as at home. Moreover it gives me the much needed ME time where I can enjoy on my own. Playing games always make me feel happy.

Pixie06

Reaction score
In fact gaming is my hobby. I grew up playing all kinds of games. I can still remember that day when I passed my exams and my dad gifted me a PS2. I spent hours in front of this PlayStation. I love playing games as they help me to relax. I have also made various friends due to gaming. Gaming has also helped me develop my critical thinking and analytical skills.

Neo

Reaction score
Well, games were there for me when no one else was. They were more like an escape from reality and an amazing de-stresser. I use my spare time to just sit down, relax, grab a snack and play my favorite games and just forget the rest. Gaming is my way of rejuvenation, and it actually helps me improve my concentration and creativity. For me, there is nothing in this world that can replace the joy of just relaxing and enjoying a good game.

Chinatown88

Reaction score
To escape from the cruel reality I live in. In all seriousness whenever my mind is way to stressed out and filled with thoughts a nice gaming sessions helps me cool down. It makes me feel a lot better and more relaxed after a good gaming session.

pioneerauthor

Reaction score
Not only that I enjoy gaming, I love games and enjoy playing them. Most often, I might be in a serious mood which is capable of giving me emotional stress if there's nothing to laugh it off with. This is just an example of such situations that makes me choose gaming, not just as an activity, but also as a favorite hobby. Gaming gives me a lot of fun and entertainment.

pioneerauthor

Reaction score
Gaming has ever been my favorite fun activity right from childhood, but when I grew up, I realized that it was much more than just a hobby. Apart from the fun and pleasure that gaming gives me, I equally love it because it saves me from a lot of stress and the havoc most difficult situations of life would have caused me.