• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Why do you actually enjoy gaming?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Maybe I'm blowing things out of proportion, but I believe that to be also due to the kind of audience the promotion and advertising of said games caters to. I'm not just talking about competitive people, but young ones at that. A lot of them don't want to collaborate, they want to do their own best, even at their teammates' expense.
Obviously this isn't the only reason to this phenomenon, as there are plenty of grown-ups misbehaving in a similar fashion, but that can be counted as one more possibility. It's undeniable that younger gamers tend to be more hot-headed than others.
It's a team game though. Dota 2, League, CSGO, Overwatch. Unless you have a late game character that can carry the entire team after you farm all game, you're gonna need team support to win. Even when you farm, you'll need the support to ward and watch out for you if you need time to kill. When they're starting up the support is needed for kills, until you get your items. It's a team-based game however you look at it, and some people really can't see that.

WarVet

Reaction score
It's a team game though. Dota 2, League, CSGO, Overwatch. Unless you have a late game character that can carry the entire team after you farm all game, you're gonna need team support to win. Even when you farm, you'll need the support to ward and watch out for you if you need time to kill. When they're starting up the support is needed for kills, until you get your items. It's a team-based game however you look at it, and some people really can't see that.

Most people in fact. It seems to me online gamers these days are mostly worried about their kill ratio or drops they might get rather than playing as a team. When I first started playing CS I was a total noob and had no idea what I was doing. I had people flaming left and right. I mean if something does not work shouting at it will make it work? People should take some time to reflect before taking action. Would do everyone a lot of good.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Exactly. It's just hard to convey these thoughts to them. It would be nice if some esport teams started to stream as a group, rather than individuals (maybe some already do that, I don't know), because it sounds like an effective way of teaching teamwork to new players, as opposed to imposing it on them.

JoeMilford

Reaction score
I love playing games because it takes my mind off of my problems and gives me a sense of escape from the everyday stresses. I like to engage my imagination in many ways, and gaming gives me, with new releases of different concepts and formats on a constant basis, many opportunities to explore my imagination in different ways. The best games challenge us intellectually--I like those the most.

kgord

Reaction score
It is a break and a stress reducer. It is fun to game because it engages your brain but in a less stressful way than work. I just think it is a sense of fun and excitement, and I would be willing to guess that is what others like about gaming as well.

ballyhara

Reaction score
Gaming is fun, yes! but also it fulfills my mood, so I choose my game according to the way I feel that day. Also, it makes me feel relaxed, it helps me get over the long day work. When I do strategy ones, I feel clever too hahaha. So basically, I use it as a escape for my stress, and to share good times with my friends and family.

Haristar

Reaction score
I originally started gaming, especially in the realm of MMORPG's, mainly because I wasn't happy nor satisfied with my own life. So basically I felt it was easier to create a character to play in an open world game that's cooler than me, rather than working on myself. I enjoyed this thoroughly for a moment. However, when I realized that this was only a temporary feel good, I decided to change and become a better person in real life.

Fast forward to current day, now I have my life together (somewhat, thankfully). So primarily, I game as a pass time, as well as an online technique to socialize with others. Like @camshaq23 said as well, I've learned a lot of information on different subjects (like cars) through gaming.

Simply put, nowadays I enjoy gaming for the social aspect, informative aspect, and general principle of having time to spare.

I had to agree with you and I started playing games because I thought I looked cooler in the character that I created which has the freedom of doing anything in that world which I lack in reality. I enjoyed that freedom and considered playing games as one of my main priority. But later as I grew up life changed, changing myself to concentrate on other things and made me realize that there is the world outside of gaming. So, since then I started to play games only for passing time and to de- stress myself. But to be honest there are many new things I learned from gaming also made a lot of friends through it. It helped me socialize and learn as well. :)

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
But to be honest there are many new things I learned from gaming also made a lot of friends through it. It helped me socialize and learn as well. :)

Totally agree with you! Because of gaming on many different platforms and servers over the years, I've made so many friends that I still keep in contact with today. Like minded people with the same passions of interest similar to myself. I also went through different phases of learning how games are developed altogether and the intricate detail that goes into each title. So the whole experience has been worthwhile in the long run to me!

goldlady

Reaction score
I love gaming because it is my favorite way to escape from reality. Sometimes real world can be overwhelming and you just need to cut the connection for a few hours. Sometimes I read, sometimes I listen to music. But playing games is definitely my favorite way.

pauldox3

Reaction score
Because it gives me an escape to real life and the problems that comes with it. Also because it's my primary way of bonding with my friends and my siblings since im very socially akward. Also I like how gaming keeps my mind occupied because an idle mind is worse than actual physical suffering

gamergal

Reaction score
I enjoy it because I like it. It's a calming activity for me in some serious times. And also it's an activity which pumps me up when I feel low. It gives me confidence and hope that there are beautiful things in this world, whether the real world or the virtual one. I like experiencing and experimenting and gaming provides me both. And I can always feel closer to my brother who shares the same hobby of gaming as me.

goldlady

Reaction score
I think it is not only because playing help us escape from reality sometimes and have fun and all that stuff... but sometimes it is a little bit more than that. In my case, there are a few games I play because I enjoy being a part of that particulary world. FIFA, for an example... me, being me, I would never be able to be in a Fifa World Cup. While playing it I can imagin I am LOL

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Basically because I'm still addicted to video games and also for the fun they give me. :smiley:

I think it is not only because playing help us escape from reality sometimes and have fun and all that stuff... but sometimes it is a little bit more than that. In my case, there are a few games I play because I enjoy being a part of that particulary world. FIFA, for an example... me, being me, I would never be able to be in a Fifa World Cup. While playing it I can imagin I am LOL

The perception of many good things that games make us feel are as diverse as possible, aren't they? :smile:

This is so damn cool! :sunglasses:

Sometimes it's just a remedy for relieving stress from the busy school life, and also be able to become competitive in a different environment.

Yeah... I understand what you say. A friend of mine ended up healing himself from a strong depression by playing some of his favorite games. Obviously this wasn't a complete remedy, but an important part of it.

I enjoy gaming cause it teaches me a lot about what I didn't know before playing. I learned a lot about cars just by playing a lot of car games.

I can say that my knowledge about cars improved considerably after I also played some specific racing games. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

sakakimakio

Reaction score
I really enjoy my gaming, especially in MMORPG, if I learned something new and awesome patch comes out. Good community and balanced economics of the game was a bonus to enjoying the game to the next level. I always look forward to enjoy if the game play not too heavy, good graphics, and great sounds. As long it can make me entertain, I do enjoy it. :battledroid:

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I really enjoy my gaming, especially in MMORPG, if I learned something new and awesome patch comes out. Good community and balanced economics of the game was a bonus to enjoying the game to the next level. I always look forward to enjoy if the game play not too heavy, good graphics, and great sounds. As long it can make me entertain, I do enjoy it. :battledroid:

When talking about the true function of video games, you'll find in the dictionary the reference: "Entertainment".

It's all about this... All. :bluesquarecool:

tinrmz15

Reaction score
I enjoy gaming because its fun! Its what keeps you going. Additionally, it helps me calm my nerves during stressful situations of life, I meet new friends, and gaming taught me how to think critically especially on strategy games, in which I also applied on my personal life (prioritizing things and how to manage time).

JoeMilford

Reaction score
I love gaming because it is my favorite way to escape from reality. Sometimes real world can be overwhelming and you just need to cut the connection for a few hours. Sometimes I read, sometimes I listen to music. But playing games is definitely my favorite way.

I feel the same way--gaming is a great way to escape your problems for a bit and to give your brain a rest from the stress of the every day. I think that is why I get so into RPGs because hey provide such an expansive world for us to get lost in.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I enjoy gaming because its fun! Its what keeps you going. Additionally, it helps me calm my nerves during stressful situations of life, I meet new friends, and gaming taught me how to think critically especially on strategy games, in which I also applied on my personal life (prioritizing things and how to manage time).

One aspect that I think is perfect when talking about video games, is that they take us out of our reality.

This is awesome! :smiley:

tinrmz15

Reaction score
One aspect that I think is perfect when talking about video games, is that they take us out of our reality.

This is awesome! :smiley:
I agree! They divert us from our reality and temporarily eases our stressful situation and responsibilities :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I agree! They divert us from our reality and temporarily eases our stressful situation and responsibilities :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I think video games should be made official as an anti-stress measure. :smiley: What do you think? :sweatsmile: