• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite music from which game?

kenoobie

Reaction score
It gets you hyped up for a game. Not even most games today can truly capture the soundtrack of their opening cinematic. That first movie from Red Alert 2 gets you hyped as hell to play it. The music sets the tone for the entire game, even for people who haven't played it. That's how you pick the right music. It gets everyone to play your game.

The early C&C series has the most amazing soundtrack. I feel that Westwood really did a great job with their selection of music. I am currently listening to Transistor's soundtrack and I am loving it.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
Got any songs in mind for GTA 4? It's all a blur to me. The soundtrack of San Andreas I can remember easily - song per song - but GTA 4 doesn't really ring any bell. I kinda remember the Russian (?) song that plays after Roman picks you up from the ship, but that's about it. In fact, I don't even recall any of the talk shows from the radio.

Well first, if you're looking for the entire GTA IV soundtrack list here it is.

Second, my personal favorite stations were ones like Liberty Radio Rock 97.8. Songs included "Edge of Seventeen" -Stevie Nicks, "Heaven and Hell" -Black Sabbath, "Street Kids" -Elton John, and other oldie but goodies (if you're into rock music).

Beat 102.7 had a decent collection of hip-hop music for the time being. "Dirty New Yorker" -Mobb Deep, "Flashing Lights" -Kanye West, "Hip Hop (Remix)" -Joell Ortiz ft. Jadakiss & Saigon.

For soulful lovers, the Vibe 98.8 was the station of choice! Listening to songs like "Golden" -Jill Scott, "Bump & Grind" -RKelly, "Inner City Blues" -Marvin Gaye and other notable mentions.

PLR was surprisingly good and funny by the added commentary :tearsofjoy: It's the ideal station to put on when gameplay started becoming slightly boring.

SashaS

Reaction score
Without a doubt, GTA: Vice City. San Andreas is a close second but as much as it did sort of capture the 90's theme rather well, Vice City did it even better by having the songs just have this sort of "connection" to that neon blue and pink 80's core.

Whether its the bangers on VRock or the emotional melodies of that Spanish emotional radio station that I forgot the name of (I played this game a long time ago, okay!) I absolutely adored the soundtrack. It worked so well as soon as you stepped into your retro ride and went whipping on the highway and max speed.

Very few games captured their story and plot so well and provided that nostalgic feel.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
Without a doubt, GTA: Vice City. San Andreas is a close second but as much as it did sort of capture the 90's theme rather well, Vice City did it even better by having the songs just have this sort of "connection" to that neon blue and pink 80's core.

Whether its the bangers on VRock or the emotional melodies of that Spanish emotional radio station that I forgot the name of (I played this game a long time ago, okay!) I absolutely adored the soundtrack. It worked so well as soon as you stepped into your retro ride and went whipping on the highway and max speed.

Very few games captured their story and plot so well and provided that nostalgic feel.

Oooh, I forgot about Vice City! And you're so right. Like I said earlier, the soundtrack mixed with a classic but well thought out story creates a feeling of endless nostalgia that makes the game timeless!

Makef0rt

Reaction score
I liked Skyrim's theme. Nordic warriors singing like a choir praising the prophecy of the dragonborn. Now THAT is an epic song to get hyped up when you are facing a dragon in your adventures. I think it's also the song that plays during the final battle, which is fitting since it's the song in the beginning, and you get the taste of victory at the end.

Oh, orchestral and choir pieces are just beast slayers. No wonder why most of trailers for both movies and games use such pieces in the trailers. They can create a certain level of hype and they sound nice in general

StolenKid

Reaction score
Ezio's Family, from composer Jesper Kyd, the game is Assasin's Creed II, really beautiful and haunting music, really captures the time in which the game is set.

thart

Reaction score
If i have to choice, then i will chose the music of Assassin creed. i love that music and enjoy listening to it when i play.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
I love the music of the Assassins Creed series, but the one that I could choose over the others have to be the Assassin's Creed 2, this soundtrack is very beautiful and I have it in my phone to listen when I am training or studying.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I don't have any favorite music related to any game (although I like many of them :smile:), but I always like to discover new songs and the games usually provide this with a good frequency, in various styles... And this is important to increase the possible choices. :wink:

Lindsy90

Reaction score
Actually, i like some of the music featured in final fantasy: crystal chronicles. The game wasn't anything special, but the grafics and music was, thought.
Also, of course, any music from the legend of zelda is great. Defenitely some of koji kondo's best work.
It's pretty are to come across a game that has really good music, so i can't think of any more right now. Some of the music from Mario games is catchy too. :D

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Actually, i like some of the music featured in final fantasy: crystal chronicles. The game wasn't anything special, but the grafics and music was, thought.
Also, of course, any music from the legend of zelda is great. Defenitely some of koji kondo's best work.
It's pretty are to come across a game that has really good music, so i can't think of any more right now. Some of the music from Mario games is catchy too. :D

Final Fantasy franchise has a lot of good songs. The team that takes care of this sector is extremely competent because everything is very good. The musical arrangements are amazing. :sunglasses:

Lexi

Reaction score
I love the music in Silent Hill, more so the ones made by Akira Yamaoka. It has a good mix of instrumental music and songs with lyrics. The music is eery, but calming. Not all of course, some are just creepy. I can't explain why, but I love it. Music in video games can get overlooked sometimes, they can make amazing stuff.

Dhanidhamy

Reaction score
My favourite till date is On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons, both Fifa13 and Pes13 used the song.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I love the music in Silent Hill, more so the ones made by Akira Yamaoka. It has a good mix of instrumental music and songs with lyrics. The music is eery, but calming. Not all of course, some are just creepy. I can't explain why, but I love it. Music in video games can get overlooked sometimes, they can make amazing stuff.

The staff that takes care of the Silent Hill soundtrack is very competente, always bringing interesting aspects (which is a very important thing). The game is full of great examples. I like it a lot. :smiley:

WildSpirit

Reaction score
If i have to choice, then i will chose the music of Assassin creed. i love that music and enjoy listening to it when i play.

I think overall, the Assassin Creed soundtrack is very good, despite the ups and downs. :sweat: However, the soundtrack of this game wouldn't be on my list of favorite soundtracks.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
My favourite till date is On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons, both Fifa13 and Pes13 used the song.

Imagine Dragons is na awesome band (I'm a big fan)! :sunglasses: Their songs are amazing, very powerful and "On The Top Of The World" fitted perfectly into FIFA 2013. :smiley:

hermessantos

Reaction score
No doubt about the Final Fantasy song and one of my favorites. I also like the music of The Legend Of Zelda and World of Warcraft. These songs make me even more inspired to play. :sunglasses:

hermessantos

Reaction score
I think overall, the Assassin Creed soundtrack is very good, despite the ups and downs. :sweat: However, the soundtrack of this game wouldn't be on my list of favorite soundtracks.
I also really like this band. This song really is very good and deserves to be on my top list.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
No doubt about the Final Fantasy song and one of my favorites. I also like the music of The Legend Of Zelda and World of Warcraft. These songs make me even more inspired to play. :sunglasses:

The Final Fantasy soundtrack is an example of excellence... It's outstanding! The songs are great (the instrumental arrangements are amazing) and just make the whole game even more interesting! :wink:

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I also really like this band. This song really is very good and deserves to be on my top list.

Yeah, this band is excellent! They always seek to innovate and deliver songs with relevant lyrics and consistent musical / production arrangements. I think their way will still be very long in the music scene. :smiley: