• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite music from which game?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Ori and the Blind Forest's soundtrack is pretty great. It got me hooked into playing the game starting at the first cinematic. Even the title screen had great visuals and graphics that I just couldn't look away. I would definitely recommend it to people who haven't played; lots of challenges too for the more experienced gamer, but still easy enough to learn if you are a beginner.

Deathisue

Reaction score
The song of the trailer of Zelda Breath to the wild It makes me shiver whenever I listen, is epic and unique for me, for the moment i havent be the pleasure of play the beutiful game but is my dream play it at least before i die, the history is not unique of course but the world and all the content is worth to see it.

thart

Reaction score
I think overall, the Assassin Creed soundtrack is very good, despite the ups and downs. :sweat: However, the soundtrack of this game wouldn't be on my list of favorite soundtracks.
well, can you share with us your favorite soundtracks.

thart

Reaction score
I love the music of the Assassins Creed series, but the one that I could choose over the others have to be the Assassin's Creed 2, this soundtrack is very beautiful and I have it in my phone to listen when I am training or studying.
Ohhh finally there is someone who love Assassins creed like me. Welcome to my club bro.

thart

Reaction score
I don't have any favorite music related to any game (although I like many of them :smile:), but I always like to discover new songs and the games usually provide this with a good frequency, in various styles... And this is important to increase the possible choices. :wink:
Maybe you can find you favorite soundtracks in some horror games, if you love that kind. Sitting in darkness while playing horror games and listen to their sountracks, It's a nice combination. What do you think.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
Maybe you can find you favorite soundtracks in some horror games, if you love that kind. Sitting in darkness while playing horror games and listen to their sountracks, It's a nice combination. What do you think.
I don't mean to hijack your conversation, but speaking of horror game soundtracks, Dead Space's music really struck a chord with me when I played it years and years ago. It's equal parts eerie and intense, and it's a great listen, in my opinion. It really helped set the atmosphere of isolation and terror in the game.

thart

Reaction score
I don't mean to hijack your conversation, but speaking of horror game soundtracks, Dead Space's music really struck a chord with me when I played it years and years ago. It's equal parts eerie and intense, and it's a great listen, in my opinion. It really helped set the atmosphere of isolation and terror in the game.

No problem bro
I like who share me the same things, And that's why i said that it's a good combination because it give more enthusiasm when you play especially when you play alone, it look like you are the one inside the game.

Kharyode

Reaction score
Yes!!! My favorite game song is. I'm on top of the world by imagine dragons I. E in FIFA 13. This song usually boost my morals.. My friends know me with the song. Because I normally flogged them in FIFA.

WildSpirit

Reaction score

Yeah, I love horror games... They have a guaranteed place in my list of favorites. :smiley: In fact, I have many favorite songs ... but the problem is having to choose just one as my favorite. I mean, it's pretty hard. :tongueclosed:

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Yes!!! My favorite game song is. I'm on top of the world by imagine dragons I. E in FIFA 13. This song usually boost my morals.. My friends know me with the song. Because I normally flogged them in FIFA.

Another fan of Imagine Dragons?! That's very nice to know! :smiley: Their songs are amazing, aren't? I can't get bored with them! :tonguewink:

WildSpirit

Reaction score
well, can you share with us your favorite soundtracks.

Maybe someday I'll prepare a very detailed list for you.:smiley: I have a very long one... But, you'll have to take the time to read it all. :sweatsmile:

Sino989

Reaction score
I would say that my favorite game soundtrack is Halo because the music is just so great I don't even know how to explain it. I think Halo has one of the best soundtracks.

Strelitzia

Reaction score
If it's got Yasunori Mitsuda I'm all over that like flies to honey. Despite the fact that he likes keeping things simple and has a more celtic vibe to a majority of his music, the man has freaking amazing talent for complex compositions as well. He is way too underappreciated by the VGM community to be brutal honest.

For Indie games, I'd have to say Supergiant Games has really good music that's enjoyable to listen to.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
No problem bro
I like who share me the same things, And that's why i said that it's a good combination because it give more enthusiasm when you play especially when you play alone, it look like you are the one inside the game.
Horror games are never relaxing though. Sure, maybe the save area has relaxing music (like Resident Evil) but most of the other areas have slow suspenseful music to heighten up the tension, or just plain fast paced to get your heart beating faster, emulating the feeling of nervousness while playing a game. It's a common trick, and with the genre I never found the background music of horror games fun to listen to. It's just dread and a feeling of fear for me.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
Horror games are never relaxing though. Sure, maybe the save area has relaxing music (like Resident Evil) but most of the other areas have slow suspenseful music to heighten up the tension, or just plain fast paced to get your heart beating faster, emulating the feeling of nervousness while playing a game. It's a common trick, and with the genre I never found the background music of horror games fun to listen to. It's just dread and a feeling of fear for me.
Great points! Something about the orchestral strings in the intense songs was really cool to listen to. Don't get me wrong, I don't listen to the Dead Space soundtrack strictly for fun, but to appreciate it for what it was. Every song serves a purpose in the game, just like you mention, and I think the game's soundtrack fulfill's its job very, very well.

Your mention of relaxing music brings up an interesting thought as well. The first Bioshock game (and maybe the second one too) use a lot of softer songs from the 1930's and 40's I think, and they take on a completely different vibe in the game than separate from it, which I think is fascinating. You listen to the song "How Much is that Doggy in the Window" and you get an old, American vibe from it, but when you hear it playing while you're walking through Rapture and it gives off a really creepy, eerie feeling instead. Really interesting, I think.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Great points! Something about the orchestral strings in the intense songs was really cool to listen to. Don't get me wrong, I don't listen to the Dead Space soundtrack strictly for fun, but to appreciate it for what it was. Every song serves a purpose in the game, just like you mention, and I think the game's soundtrack fulfill's its job very, very well.

Your mention of relaxing music brings up an interesting thought as well. The first Bioshock game (and maybe the second one too) use a lot of softer songs from the 1930's and 40's I think, and they take on a completely different vibe in the game than separate from it, which I think is fascinating. You listen to the song "How Much is that Doggy in the Window" and you get an old, American vibe from it, but when you hear it playing while you're walking through Rapture and it gives off a really creepy, eerie feeling instead. Really interesting, I think.
Never played Bioshock but I hear the 3rd one is great. The first 2 games had a remaster I think? What did you think of those, and is the price worth it or should I stick with the original ones? I think those have bigger discounts during sales while the remasters have barely any.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
Never played Bioshock but I hear the 3rd one is great. The first 2 games had a remaster I think? What did you think of those, and is the price worth it or should I stick with the original ones? I think those have bigger discounts during sales while the remasters have barely any.
I played the first two before they were remastered, and I personally loved them. The gameplay was fluid and fairly unique at the time (you could use tonics to give yourself weird abilities like shooting swarms of bees out of your arms) and I found the story to be really intriguing and atmosphere really eerie. Kind of like Dead Space, I think Bioshock does a phenomenal job of constructing an atmosphere of isolation as it all takes place in Rapture, which is a city at the bottom of the ocean. I adored the environment of the game, too. Rapture is eerie, but yet beautiful to see and explore.

If you have the money for the remastered ones, I don't think it'd be a waste of money, but I'd be perfectly content playing the original ones too. But yeah, I see them go on sale on Steam all the time for really reasonable prices. The third game was great, with some great twists and turns along the way. Overall a great franchise in my opinion!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I played the first two before they were remastered, and I personally loved them. The gameplay was fluid and fairly unique at the time (you could use tonics to give yourself weird abilities like shooting swarms of bees out of your arms) and I found the story to be really intriguing and atmosphere really eerie. Kind of like Dead Space, I think Bioshock does a phenomenal job of constructing an atmosphere of isolation as it all takes place in Rapture, which is a city at the bottom of the ocean. I adored the environment of the game, too. Rapture is eerie, but yet beautiful to see and explore.

If you have the money for the remastered ones, I don't think it'd be a waste of money, but I'd be perfectly content playing the original ones too. But yeah, I see them go on sale on Steam all the time for really reasonable prices. The third game was great, with some great twists and turns along the way. Overall a great franchise in my opinion!
Sounds great, I think I'll try and get them the next time they're on sale. Hopefully the remaster if the price difference isn't all that large. But hey, thanks for the tip! Bioshock 3's ending was spoiled to me though a few years back and I still haven't forgotten it lmao. I think that will ruin the gameplay experience for me for 3 since I already know how it ends, but it's all about the journey, right?

TheArticulate

Reaction score
Sounds great, I think I'll try and get them the next time they're on sale. Hopefully the remaster if the price difference isn't all that large. But hey, thanks for the tip! Bioshock 3's ending was spoiled to me though a few years back and I still haven't forgotten it lmao. I think that will ruin the gameplay experience for me for 3 since I already know how it ends, but it's all about the journey, right?
No problem! That sucks that the ending of 3 was spoiled for you, I know that that can take the desire away from wanting to play it, for sure, especially since the third game had such a plot twist at the end. Definitely play the first two, aesthetically they're completely different than the third, and they're the real reason I like the franchise so much. Definitely give the third one a shot, but I wouldn't blame you if you couldn't make it through it. I took me waaaaaaay too long to get into it and play through it, and I didn't even have the ending spoiled for me.

thart

Reaction score
That what give the game more excitement and fun, because it's an horror game so it's normal to feel like that. I like that feeling and it's makes the adrinaline come out.