• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite PS1 or PS2 games

FosterTXT

Reaction score
I could spend all night talking about my favorite ps1 and ps2 games but I'll just name a few for you guys. For the ps1 my favorite games were Tony Hawk pro skater 2, Driver 1 & Driver 2. For the ps2 my favorite game was Greg Hastings tournament paintball.

fliktor7

Reaction score
Ufff, there are tons of games at ps1 and ps2 which I actually love, most of them rgps, that's my favourite genre. From playstation one I will say Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX, Genso Suikoden 1 and 2, Xenogears or Chrono Cross, and adventure games as Tenchu: stealth assasins and Soul reaver. From playstation 2, the Kingdom Hearts games (1 and 2) were great, and Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater was awesome.

RUTHLESS

Reaction score
Out of both systems, the Final Fantasy games are my favorite. I particularly like Final Fantasy X and X2. I could spend hours or days playing it. I can't tell you how many times as a teenager I stayed up for 2 or 3 days at a time... just to play that game. Lol

Zalaria

Reaction score
Oh god the Spyro Trilogy was my childhood. And still to this day I will play them and enjoy them just as much as I did back when I was a kid. But then you also have games like Chrono Cross and Legend of Dragoon (which is possibly my most favorite rpg of all time).

Lohengrin

Reaction score
I had many favorites for the PS2. DMC 2 and DMC 3. I was madly in love with Final Fantasy X and Chaos Legion. Great games and fun times.

ScorpionWaterfall

Reaction score
I didn't have a PlayStation 1. My friend did. All we played were wrestling games. As for PS2, there were a few games that I liked. That console had a really good selection of games. I mostly played the Mortal Kombat and X-Men Legends games.

InvadeYourSpace

Reaction score
For PS1 my favorite game would be Need For Speed 3. My second favorite game for an RPG on PS1 would be Wild Arms. Both of these games I think were near the top in the categories. Need for Speed 3 certainly for racing games.

Casiox

Reaction score
When it comes to PSone games, it's a hard decission to choose between Crash Bandicoot 3 and Spyro Ripto's Rage, these were the games I used to play the most on my PSone and well, I wish I still could play them nowadays. Unfortunately my PSone is quite dead and it's not really possible.

TheViper

Reaction score
Without a doubt my favorite would have to be Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. This game was probably one of those games that really kept me into gaming. I remember before I was in love with Vice City and was hugely big on action games. My taste in games and media in general has changed drastically since those times. Though, I still have a intense love for GTA: SA and Rockstar in general. As they pretty much redefined gaming and what was possible.

Steamroller

Reaction score
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne is among favorite ps2 games. But besides that game, there are others of course:

Xenogears(Ps1) An non conventional JRPG with a deep storyline inspired by Nietzche philosophy and Sigmund Freud psichology. Plus Mechas, Xenoblade I&II are the spiritual sequels of this game.

Metal Gear Solid III: Snake eater (Ps2) For me, the best Metal gear with a balanced blend between reality and science fiction.

Final Fantasy XII(Ps2) one the few final fantasy that is actually fun to play. Good lore, weak storyline and no class development are its main drawbacks.

Vagrant Story (Ps1) A masterpiece, one of the best games ever done by squaresoft. Its best feature is the battle system, a turn based action command combat where you can chain combo and use tile position to your advantage.

Final Fantasy Tactics (Ps1) Tons of classes to choose, although very grind happy. Its plot is a bit convoluted and depressing sometimes, is the most similar thing to Games of Thrones you are going to find on a JRPG. Although Dark fantasy setting is a genre quite popular nowadays and thus quite common, is interesting to take a look back to the past to experience how it was before GoT and Dark souls existed.

Castlevania Symphony of the night (Ps1): The most popular metroidvania ever. It has everything and you can play as you like.

Well, I'll leave it right here. I cant think of 30 favorite games more but I am lazy to write a post so large. But at least, I'll mention them for recognition sake: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VIII, Persona 3 & 4, Chrono Cross, Tomba I & II, Soul Reaver, Syphon filter, Metal Gear Solid, Resident evil III Nemesis, armored core, Galerians, Silent Hill I & II, Final Fantasy VII, Kingdom Hearts I & II, Suikoden, Tekken, Megaman Legends, Twisted Metal, Oddworld: Abe's oddisey, Digimon,Shadow of colossus,Jax 3,Ico, Devil May Cry III, Max Payne, Odin Sphere....

missionreport

Reaction score
I've got to say resident evil, and dino crisis were some of the better games during this period. I remember being so enthralled with castlevania as a kid. There were lots of games that are still close to my heart today. And seeing the sequels with current computer graphics really make me happy. You get that sense of accomplishment of having spent your time on something important, and something that's worth your time.

Nemanja

Reaction score
Favourite PS1 games are Crash Bandicoot and Bomberman World.
As a young boy i enjoyed the simplicity of bomberman and learning the basic physics that it displayed.
Crash was amazing graphically and it was my first platformer. Even now, 20 years later i still enjoy platformers.

Special notes go to Buggs and Taz: Time Busters, Buggs Bunny: Lost in Time and Metal Slug X.

Never played any PS2 games, but i have heard of Shadow of the Colossus. Would love to try it sometime.

Mattmattics

Reaction score
The PS1 is classic no doubt, the catalog was stacked and it changed gaming for the better. However the PS2 was a whole different animal, the media side of the device was a complete game changer and a smart move by Sony. I still see the effects of the PS2 on the consoles that followed. Again the PS1 was classic but the PS2 was better, in my opinion.

john franklin

Reaction score
I love the Soul Edge game for PS1 and I enjoyed it very much. It makes me feel like in the ancient time and I feel as a warrior. I love the background music and the graphics. PS1 was a big invention into 3D games. Soul Edge was the first 3D game for sword fighting.

Mattmattics

Reaction score
I love the Soul Edge game for PS1 and I enjoyed it very much. It makes me feel like in the ancient time and I feel as a warrior. I love the background music and the graphics. PS1 was a big invention into 3D games. Soul Edge was the first 3D game for sword fighting.
Soul Edge was a solid game no doubt. But did list it because it was one of the first 3D sword fighters or you enjoyed it the most? I will give you that game was a pioneer and example of the Ps1's greatness. However, Soul Caliber 2, to me, was better and really showed what the PS2 could do. I'm not saying you're wrong just conversating and trying to understand while sharing my two cents.

lordrenly

Reaction score
The Metal Gear series have always been my favorite series so far. Metal Gear Solid 3 is one of the earliest PS2 games that I played and I love using Big Boss as the main character even though he was a villain on the previous series. Silent Hill series are also my favorites and my favorite is Silent Hill 2. Too bad Konami right now is in a mess and I really love to see how the new Fox Engine capabilities can be used to create great gameplays.

EarlAlexander

Reaction score
My favorite PS 2 game is Scarface: The world is yours. It was a great game with similar features with GTA games, I enjoyed playing the game over again because of the missions and storyline, starting from nothing to something, struggling from an unpopular drug lord to a powerful and wealthy drug lord. It involves gang battles and street fights including riot. In the game, police are being bride to avoid being sent to jail and many more. Its a time consuming game because it involves being focus and serious to pass any mission.