• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite PS1 or PS2 games

megaanmaarie

Reaction score
My favorite PS2 game I played when I was younger was Final Fantasy X. It was the first game I ever beat by myself. I had watched my older cousin play it one summer, and the next year for my birthday I asked for a PS2 and the game. I got it, played it, loved every second, and finally beat it. I bought the remastered edition when it came out recently.

Sino989

Reaction score
I would have to say my favorite PS1 game is Metal Gear Solid because it was one of the first games I played and I absolutely loved it.

Ipa07

Reaction score
For me it's definitely Crash Bandicoot. The game was so good and fun and I played it almost 24/7. I play almost of the titles.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
For PS1, Crash Bandicoot, I really love that game, it got me hooked and it took me a week to finish them all. For PS2, All the WWE games. From Smackdown: Know Your Role to Smackdown vs Raw 2009, sadly they stopped producing on PS2, so I was forced to buy a PS3 to continue the game series. I love creating my own wrestler, and play their story mode. Ah, fun times.

Cendrillon

Reaction score
Oh man, so many jewels to choose from!
Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Tomba, Tenchu, I could go on forever ヾ(o✪‿✪o)シ
The PS1 was my first serious step to fully love games, I remember having boxes full of 'em! I would give anything to be able to play some of them again...

Bayoneutra

Reaction score
My favorite PS2 game I played when I was younger was Final Fantasy X. It was the first game I ever beat by myself. I had watched my older cousin play it one summer, and the next year for my birthday I asked for a PS2 and the game. I got it, played it, loved every second, and finally beat it. I bought the remastered edition when it came out recently.

FFX is my favorite game out of the Final Fantasy series, without any doubt. I'm so happy to see love for it because it's a key childhood game for me. I loved X-2 a bit less and my immature childhood self was a bit confused about Yuna's change, but I worked as much as I could to unlock the Perfect Ending... And boy was it worth it, I swear it was.

I know everyone agrees Crash Bandicoot was a childhood masterpiece (and it was) but I had forgotten about Tomba until now, I love this game so much I'm filled with nostalgia. I'm off to Youtube.

Chinatown88

Reaction score
PS1 is probably Crash Bash. I played it for like 2 hours in a Sears once. Parents were buying a washer and dryer set. It was really fun and I loved the anvil falling on my head in the ice stage.
PS2 is probably Vice City. So much fun using the Rhino to blow cars up.

WarVet

Reaction score
My favorites were Dino Crisis 1 and 2 for PS1. For PS2 it was MGS3 and Harvest Moon. Yeah you read that write we all net to relax sometimes ;)

AnthonyB

Reaction score
The Jak & Daxter trilogy. I heard it was remade for PS3, but not PS4. The HD edition came out for Vita as well. The games run fine and I've beaten Jak & Daxter, But Jak II is ridiculously difficult on the Vita considering the controls can be frustrating. Haven't started on Jak III because I want to beat Jak II

luispas

Reaction score
It's hard to choose, I loved Tekken 3 but I also loved Klonoa, Spyro and Crash. I think that my answer are those 4 games

CBL28

Reaction score
Spider-Man for the PS1. A great classic. I never really remember finishing that game, since the disc was scratched. Never really got far past the scorpion fight though. Nevertheless, I loved playing it as a kid. It really was groundbreaking for a 2000 PS1 game. I also absolutely loved that Stan Lee intro.
For the PS2, it has to be Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Great game, loved the adaptation of the classic film. I remember finishing the entire game only once. There were some parts I found impossible to pass, but I eventually beat it.

Olly88

Reaction score
Driver would be my favourite PS1 game, I loved riding round the cities even if I wasn't doing any of the missions, just driving round exploring was so fun. The music was great, too!

On the PS2 it has to be GTA Vice City. I love everything about the game, the 80s atmosphere, soundtrack, gameplay, all of it. No GTA has topped Vice City for me.

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
I still remember the Tekken2 that I use to play on Playstation 1. I like the visual and audio work in it. It was the best 3D game at that time. It felt so realistic to play it. My favorite character in this game was Law as he was acting as Bruce Lee.

overcast

Reaction score
For me it has to be Harvest Moon and Final Fantasy. I know not a lot of people on PS don't like the final fantasy game. But I personally just enjoy the game. And as you can see with games such as harvest moon, it was a good experience on old PS machine. I'd say some other games like Spiderman and Dino crisis were good too.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I personally love the God of War series for the PS2, I thought the game was brilliant. I've had a PSOne for longer periods of time, but I felt like most of them games there were bit linear, with some of them having no actual story (i.e. Fighting Force, most of the fighting games), but if I had to choose then I guess I would go for Twisted Metal 2 and 3. I thought 3 was amazing but there were features in TM2 that I liked but they removed from TM3.

hermessantos

Reaction score
I have not had the opportunity to have the PS2 console. But when I bought my PS1, I had several games.
Among the ones I liked the most are:
Guitar Hero
Metal Gear Solid
Gran Turismo 2
Final Fantasy IX

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
In the PS1 I loved to play the Harry Potters games, because I grow up with it and it still a very good game, and I like the Scarface game in the PS2, just because it is just like the movie and it is very real, like Grand Theft Auto.

thart

Reaction score
My favorite PS1 games is pepsi man and crush bondicoot, i can't forget that time when i was play this games all the time.
And about my favorite PS2 game, it's only one : prince of persia

Denis_P

Reaction score
Some people would say Spyro, others would say Crash Bandicoot. But for me, what defined my PlayStation experience was Metal Gear Solid. I remember being so incredibly impressed with that game that from the moment I started playing, it instantly became a favorite. The cinematic style, the fantastic soundtrack, the revolutionary 3D stealth gameplay. Everything about it felt amazing, and thankfully that tradition continued with each installment of it as it moved on to newer generations. Metal Gear Solid, MGS2: Sons of Liberty, and MGS3: Snake Eater are some of my favorite games of all time.