• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What's a game you'd like to see remade?

gkillian

Reaction score
There's this classic little gem on the NES called Crystalis. It was sort of like The Legend of Zelda only with crappier dungeons and more RPG elements (including level ups) and a pretty decent plot for its time. It did get remade on the Game Boy Color in 2000, but that was almost entirely a downgrade due to the smaller display and worse music.

I'd love to see it updated in a newer 2D Zelda-esque style, with real dungeons and its semi-goofy post-apocalyptic plot intact. It had a lot of nifty ideas that were really before its time and would benefit from advancements like, oh, shoulder buttons to let you cycle through spells and/or equipment.

SNK, the original developer, is even still around and at least noncommittally receptive to it, though I wouldn't hold my breath.

Chiara

Reaction score
Have you heard of a NES game called Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom? It was kind of silly but at the same time, it was one of my favorites when I was 7-9 years old.

Kamarsun1

Reaction score
Any games you guys would like to see remade? What would you change and what'd you keep? For me, I'd say I'd like Custom Robo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Custom_Robo) to be remade. I'd probably change the graphics, because they could use an improvement, and I'd probably also change some of the weapons to not be too OP. What about you?
I would like to see contra re-made, it would be cool to see this game in a new light, with today's technology, it was a classic back in the day and I'm sure an up to date version would be fun to play.

Mattmattics

Reaction score
Capcom needs to remake Rival Schools. That game was amazing. The roster was diverse and the world felt fresh as a fighter.

nickdamon

Reaction score
Road Rash maybe? Some 80s tunes, retro but modern scenes, custom bike options, weapon loadouts, progression system, etc. Maybe even throw in some online races. :smilingimp:

jviloriab96

Reaction score
I would really love to see the Harry Potter series made by a studio that actually know what it’s doing. I’m a big time potterhead, so I have to love everything Harry Potter related, but I have to admit that the videogames were kind of sucky. I played them all, but I would have appreciated if they had put a little more effort into the games and a little less effort into the trailers. I think Harry Potter deserves a second chance.

missionreport

Reaction score
Well there would be plenty of titles that would be worthy of a remake. For one I think we could really remake the medal of honor franchise. I'd like to see some WWII setting games based on famous historical battles. I'd like to see more jungle foliage with today's state of the art computer graphics that would be just epic.

MLF

Reaction score
Road Rash maybe? Some 80s tunes, retro but modern scenes, custom bike options, weapon loadouts, progression system, etc. Maybe even throw in some online races. :smilingimp:
OMG, Yes Please! This was one of my favorite Sega Genesis games that I played all of the time. With the ability of customization now, this could be an awesome game and it doesn't even have to be a big elaborate production.

I thought I remember seeing a project on Steam of a Road Rash like game but I don't ever remember following up to see if it got green lit or not.

overcast

Reaction score
I think it'd be cool if contra is made again. This time with some 3D action. And with more actions and the options. I have tried some console games which are similar to the contra. But still miss the contra days more. The reason being it's nostalgic to visit those games again. And I am surely going to see how such games can be fun if they are remade.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
I've mentioned this before, but Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas from 2004 first comes to mind. A classic oldie from the PS2 era of gaming. Keeping the original storyline and physics with an HD modern graphic twist by Rockstar Games.

The second one that pops up is Need for Speed: Most Wanted - Black Edition from 2005. Personally, I hated the 2012 version by Criterion Games, everything about it was just off. A remake, however, of one of the best racing games of gaming history would be amazing. Complete with an updated car list and HD graphics.

Those are the first two that come to mind currently.

kenoobie

Reaction score
I would probably play Megaman if its remade. The D&D series and hope that they would release a sequel to shadows over mystara. Xenogears and FF tactics for the PS1. I was going to mention Castlevania but it seems that a new game called Bloodstained is coming out this year and is the spiritual successor for castlevania.

WarVet

Reaction score
I would love an upgraded version of Age of Empires as well. I literally could spend HOURS playing that game and only stopping to eat and use the restroom. lol

Another game that I think would be pretty AWESOME if they remade it... CONTRA. This was one of my absolute favorite NES games. Are there any others that share this nostalgia with me? ;)

Here is a relative interesting video:

Have you seen Broforce yet? It gets you in the mood ;) @Martin Yeah! I'd love Dino Crisis series remade or even finished!

CBL28

Reaction score
Spiderman for the PS1. That game has amazing graphics, for a 2000 game. Seeing as how modern technology has given us stunning visuals in video games, I would love a remake. It would be even better if it was made a true open world game. The story was great, so seeing a 2018 remake would be lovely.

SpitfireMase

Reaction score
I'm interested in the First two Metal Gear Games. Metal Gear and Metal Gear: Solid Snake, being remade in the FOX engine. Metal Gear Solid is basically a 3d recreation of Metal Gear: Solid Snake, but it doesn't really work as well as it would today, with more refined mechanics.

Really, I wouldn't mind MGS being remade in the new engine either, but introducing the first two and their Bosses and environments to the third dimension would be amazing.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Resident Evil 3 remake would be awesome. I still remember playing it as a kid, and it was the first Resident Evil game I played (I watched relatives play older RE games), and I definitely would enjoy playing it again. RE: Code Veronica was also amazing, but I think they're still doing a remake of RE2, so it will take some time before they consider making one for these games, if ever.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I'm interested in the First two Metal Gear Games. Metal Gear and Metal Gear: Solid Snake, being remade in the FOX engine. Metal Gear Solid is basically a 3d recreation of Metal Gear: Solid Snake, but it doesn't really work as well as it would today, with more refined mechanics.

Really, I wouldn't mind MGS being remade in the new engine either, but introducing the first two and their Bosses and environments to the third dimension would be amazing.
I agree. Sons of Liberty could use a remake too, considering it was released in I think 2004. Lots of improvements have been made to the game, so it would be really great if they could do it. But I don't think that's a possibility anymore since they fired Hideo Kojima and the company is more busy making pachinko games for the MGS series.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
There are a few games that I would want to be remade. I'd like to see GTA: San Andreas with the graphics of GTA V for one, because I'm sure it's about time, it deserves a remake and we need one. Next, is as somebody already mentioned, Rival Schools. I don't even know why Capcom discontinued rival schools, that game was fantastic and if I'm being honest, I loved it as much as I loved Tekken. Definitely one of the best fighting games I've ever played in PSOne.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I'd really like to see a modern remake of the original Metal Gear games, both Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. I'm a huge fan of the Metal Gear Solid series, and while the original Metal Gear games were quite good for the era, it would be nice to see a modern take which remakes their story with current day gameplay mechanics and graphics. Who knows, with Konami wanting to milk the series the way they are with Metal Gear Survive, maybe we just might get a remake, albeit without Hideo Kojima.

MLF

Reaction score
It was strictly an arcade game, but I'd love to see WWF Wrestlefest remade on Xbox/PS with the same graphics and gameplay but with a bigger "story mode" and more wrestlers. It was the most perfect wrestling game that anyone could play with a very little learning curve while being immensely fun.

I actually purchased the full size arcade machine back when I was in college and had it in my place until the monitor died. Have actually thought about trying to buy it again one day.

WarVet

Reaction score
I'd really like to see a modern remake of the original Metal Gear games, both Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. I'm a huge fan of the Metal Gear Solid series, and while the original Metal Gear games were quite good for the era, it would be nice to see a modern take which remakes their story with current day gameplay mechanics and graphics. Who knows, with Konami wanting to milk the series the way they are with Metal Gear Survive, maybe we just might get a remake, albeit without Hideo Kojima.

How about a modern day version of the first two games of the series? (Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2) I'd love to see a rookie Solid Snake fighting Big Boss in an HD. Imagine a first person view of those games. I'd sure as hell love that. But still, at the same time, i fear for the outcome because without Kojima who knows what could come out of this.