• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Most 'useless' game ever?

peachpurple

Reaction score
There is one Android game that I found waste of time and useless is Dumb ways to die. That is the dumbest game that I had ever played and doesn't make sense at all. The graphic and color are dull, made my smartphone shake too much that pop up hanging os.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
How much hate for Flappy Bird in this topic... I don't like it either, but I'm not a fan of mobile gaming in general so I would think that almost any mobile game is useless! But since I'm not a fan, my opinion wouldn't be actually honest...
No, for me there are two kind of useless games: the joke games, like the Steam Summer Sale Simulator (yes it's a thing) or those weird simulator like Dinner Date where you play as a guy waiting for his girlfriend (spoiler: she doesn't come), or The Graveyard where you play as an old lady that walk in a cemetery - seriously, what?!
But another useless kind of game is simply a game you don't enjoy. Why would you play such a game? You play to have fun, and if you don't... well, no much use for that game!

arachnophobik

Reaction score
The most useless game for me would be the Dream Simulator for the PSOne. It's nice at first because it can get a little creepy, but eventually, you'll find yourself going through the same levels. The game has no main story or progression either, it's just a bunch of randomly weird stuff that spawns while you walk. It doesn't even simulate an actual dream because my dreams actually have progressions lmao.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
No matter how bad or uninteresting the game may be, I don't think any of them deserve the title of useless game ever because I think each game ends up having some sort of purpose for someone, after all... People have different motivations when they choose to play a certain game, right? So, it's useful for them anyway. :wink:

thart

Reaction score
Indeed, Flappy bird is so bad! I'm glad they never released later version. Sadly, it was so addictive then.
Playing that game is like catching the wind. It Cos90.
Haha catching the wind. Even if they will release a new version, no plans to play it again.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
No matter how bad or uninteresting the game may be, I don't think any of them deserve the title of useless game ever because I think each game ends up having some sort of purpose for someone, after all... People have different motivations when they choose to play a certain game, right? So, it's useful for them anyway. :wink:

Well you might think that the purpose is for the developer to gain money, and just that's. No artistic purpose, no entertaining purpose... just gain money. If a game like that was made (and I'm sure there are a lot of games made ONLY for profit), that would be useful just for the developers and not for the players. That would be useless, I think.

Scholarkin

Reaction score
Haha catching the wind. Even if they will release a new version, no plans to play it again.
Yeah, same here. I won't play it even if there's is prize on top of it.
I had a long stressful day, that is why I haven't been online till now.
Hope you're fine, Thart.

CBL28

Reaction score
You obviously haven't heard of the waste of internet space called... Uncrowded.
Ugh, just thinking of the game makes me feel bad. This complete waste of time is a cheap knock off of the free to play game Unturned. Guns, physics, and gameplay in general are terrible in Uncrowded.
Although I do suppose the game does have a purpose. Everyone who buys the game does it for the Steam Trading Cards.

Scholarkin

Reaction score
My brother, indeed some games are really 'useless'. The fact that some people may find it purposeful doesn't make it non-useless. The sad truth is, anything in this world, good or bad, may have a purpose in life for someone. But it's uselessness can never be underestimated.
So accept it my boss, some games are really 'crap' with no fun, motivation, aspiration, education,etcetera.

Scholarkin

Reaction score
You obviously haven't heard of the waste of internet space called... Uncrowded.
Ugh, just thinking of the game makes me feel bad. This complete waste of time is a cheap knock off of the free to play game Unturned. Guns, physics, and gameplay in general are terrible in Uncrowded.
Although I do suppose the game does have a purpose. Everyone who buys the game does it for the Steam Trading Cards.
Hehe.
My brother, tell him more.
Perhaps Wildspirit hasn't come a game he paid for but realized he has paid for nothing. lol

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I sort of feel this way about Goat Simulator. The humor of the title is not lost on me. In fact, it was a selling point! I was eager to get myself into all manner of gaoty hijinks as soon as it installed. Trouble is, I quickly discovered the movement was very poorly coded, the world was claustrophobically small, and my ability to interact with what was there was minimal. I found it very disappointing but I tried to forge on for a time, figuring that maybe I just wasn't giving it a chance. Certainly enough people have given it a good review, it must be me! But no, it was the game. There's just not enough there for it to be considered fit for purpose. It's a real shame, too. There's a concept under that messy coding which is begging to be realized.

LydiaHilda

Reaction score
For me, the stupidest game ever created has to be those weird mobile games where you can record your voice and make an animated character "speak." I think it was called Talking Tom, and my little sister was completely obsessed with it for a while. I don't even know if it counts as a game, but whatever it is, people were into it and it was just the most annoying thing ever when people would send you the videos!

yunken

Reaction score
I don't think we do have such a game termed as useless. The fact that you don't like a game doesn't mean others will also feel the same. The game you called your favorite, might be someone's USELESS, so I don't see any game as useless.

streettallest

Reaction score
There are alot of games that falls bellow expectation. one of such i played recently is battleships. I remember i uninstalled it immediately i finished playing it for the second time. so boring for me.

overcast

Reaction score
I can't think of a name right now. But usually I find those platformer type games such as zelda to be boring and useless. There does not seem to be any benefit of those games. And lot of energy gets wasted into it. But they are among the famous games across the board. So it's just that people are accepting it.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I can't think of a name right now. But usually I find those platformer type games such as zelda to be boring and useless. There does not seem to be any benefit of those games. And lot of energy gets wasted into it. But they are among the famous games across the board. So it's just that people are accepting it.

Zelda game are not exactly platformer, are I can't understand why you consider them useless. They require a lot of thinking, since the dungeons you explore contains lots of puzzles to solve, some of them pretty challenging. And also the bosses are not that easy to defeat, you have to figure out their weak spot, how to hit them, stuff like that...
To me a game that require brain and ability is not useless. I mean, I accept your opinion but I would like to understand why...

vinaya

Reaction score
The most useless game that I ever played was a Android game based on a Korean singer called PSY (the famed singer of Gangnam style). I don't remember the name of the game but it had a character that looked like PSY and the Gangnam style song played on the background. You would play the game by making the character walk through the hurdles. While the concept sounded good, the game interface was very poor and it was very slow. After playing couple of times, I uninstalled the game.

fishmonk

Reaction score
For me, the stupidest game ever created has to be those weird mobile games where you can record your voice and make an animated character "speak." I think it was called Talking Tom, and my little sister was completely obsessed with it for a while. I don't even know if it counts as a game, but whatever it is, people were into it and it was just the most annoying thing ever when people would send you the videos!
My aunt kept sending me videos of talking rats , cats and dogs. It was really annoying. I never understood the purpose of these apps.

airfightermax

Reaction score
Games, both mobile and PC are supposed to entertain us.
However there are several games out there which are nothing to write home about.
My question then is, which is the most useless or worst game you played with seriousness?
With no bad strings attached, I think mine is "FLAPPY BIRD".
I have missed that game though.
Tell us about yours.

Have played flappy bird and I don't think it was a useless game. It helped me get through when I'm bored so I play it to pass the time. I got so used to playing it I reached 200 even though I sucked at it initially. So yeah I don't think it was useless since I had fun playing it.

Zeyad

Reaction score
Most simulators I think are a bit pointless however some of them can be real good fun it nowadays everything is becoming a simulator game which is getting a bit ridiculous