• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Most 'useless' game ever?

WarVet

Reaction score
There's too much hate against Goat Simulator here. People might not known that the game started as a simple joke, it was never meant to be released. But it got popular (I think mostly thanks to Youtube) and now it's.. well, pretty famous actually. It's a silly game, full of crazyness and easter egg, and I even had some fun with it. I wouldn't call it useless.

I agree. It's one of those games that is not meant to be taken seriously like the Postal series. It's meant to entertain people and of course, they employ their fair share of madness. Then it gets famous due to Youtube or other media and more people buy it after all their consuming habits are entirely based on opinions of others. Then bam. A big disappointment because someone created a playable joke.

m33kuh

Reaction score
There's too much hate against Goat Simulator here. People might not known that the game started as a simple joke, it was never meant to be released. But it got popular (I think mostly thanks to Youtube) and now it's.. well, pretty famous actually. It's a silly game, full of crazyness and easter egg, and I even had some fun with it. I wouldn't call it useless.
Lmao. I don't hate the game. Haven't played it but I've seen some gameplays about it and they are hilarious. You can obviously tell by the way I describe the game that is really fun, thus the emoticon 'XD'. Anyway, I did not say either that it's useless. :)

juliabennixe

Reaction score
For me it's flappy bird. I hated it, and I still do. I think it's really great they don't offer it now on the play store or app store for download. It gets kind of irritating because once you tap the screen numerous times or maybe just tried to go through the pole to continue playing. When you hit the pole accidentally you'll die and you'll start again from the beginning. I still hate that game, I still do.

WarVet

Reaction score
For me it's flappy bird. I hated it, and I still do. I think it's really great they don't offer it now on the play store or app store for download. It gets kind of irritating because once you tap the screen numerous times or maybe just tried to go through the pole to continue playing. When you hit the pole accidentally you'll die and you'll start again from the beginning. I still hate that game, I still do.

I do too. Still, there have been lots of alternative versions over here which made it quite funny. I wouldn't play the original game even if you paid me but they made alternative versions with famous YouTubers and internet personalities which is worth a few laughs. But the original concept sucks indeed.

StolenKid

Reaction score
No Man's Sky was so hyped all over the world and turned out to be a big dissappointment, that's the real definition for "useless"... You just go to places and do nothing, the point of the game is to go and explore endless worlds, but those worlds are boring as heck and theres literally nothing interesting to do with the game, there is no online mode, there is no story/campaing mode, there is just go to somewhere and, that's it. Boring.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
My most useless games were, 1941 (Nintendo), Minesweeper (PC), RedAlert (PlayStation version) Duck Hunt (NES) and I forgot the name of this other game that I had with SNES... All of them are such a waste of time and money.
Minesweeper was one of those games that I never bothered to get good at. Just keep clicking on things until you die, I say. The only good games in the Windows freebies are Pinball (RIP) and solitaire since everyone can enjoy a good game of arranging cards every once in a while. But Minesweeper will always be something that will be there, but will never take an interest nor will it ever be enjoyable.

WarVet

Reaction score
Minesweeper was one of those games that I never bothered to get good at. Just keep clicking on things until you die, I say. The only good games in the Windows freebies are Pinball (RIP) and solitaire since everyone can enjoy a good game of arranging cards every once in a while. But Minesweeper will always be something that will be there, but will never take an interest nor will it ever be enjoyable.

In fact is there a way to get good at that? I thought it was pure luck or pure intuition. Like "hey let's click here and hope I don't die" Still we got to admit that it provides a suitable pass time when the internet connection is down no?

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
In fact is there a way to get good at that? I thought it was pure luck or pure intuition. Like "hey let's click here and hope I don't die" Still we got to admit that it provides a suitable pass time when the internet connection is down no?
I'd rather sleep than play with Minesweeper... I've even watch videos on how to play the freaking game and what did I learned, nothing... LOL

Lem

Reaction score
It's a seriously old shout, and I'll probably get a bit of hate for it - but my most useless game is SkiFree that was bundled with Windows in the early nineties. If I'm remembering right, there wasn't even a scoring system, you just skied for a bit until you got eaten by a bear. Or, you could jump over these rainbow ramps - either way, it wasn't exactly great!

Lem

Reaction score
I'd rather sleep than play with Minesweeper... I've even watch videos on how to play the freaking game and what did I learned, nothing... LOL

My favourite fact about Minesweeper is that it looks different in different countries. In most of the world, it has flowers instead of mines, because in places where there are actual minefields it's a bit insensitive to have a lighthearted game about them.

gamergal

Reaction score
There is no such thing as useless games, only disappointing gameplay or storylines, in my frank opinion. Game developers put their nights and days when developing any kind of game. There's lot of people involved when developing a game. So let's appreciate their efforts.

Yeah, sometimes the game may not be to our taste and other times we may feel it to be useless. But the truth is that the game lacked entertainment value, which is the chief reason we buy or play any game. If I go with that then many games may pop up. For me the game which didn't let me feel connected to it was E.T. I didn't find it to my taste, actually.:tongueout:

What can I say, not all games are meant to be our playable games. Playable in the sense that we may play it one more time after finishing it.

WarVet

Reaction score
Damn there video tutorials on that game? Hahaha well i guess a board game would work better then. Maybe a game of poker

Pixie06

Reaction score
The worst game that I have ever played is Aliens: Colonial Marines. The graphics were so poor and I found this game to be quite boring too. There were also so many bugs. I can understand why this game got such a low rating.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Damn there video tutorials on that game? Hahaha well i guess a board game would work better then. Maybe a game of poker
True, the games you've vsyggested are far more interesting and entertaining than minesqeeper or learning the game

WarVet

Reaction score
True, the games you've vsyggested are far more interesting and entertaining than minesqeeper or learning the game
Indeed. You seem like a poker fan Then. Like to play online or offline?