• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Most 'useless' game ever?

reginafalange

Reaction score
I feel like the most useless games are the clicking ones, the most popular I think was cookie clicker and then there were many similarities to it. It was absolutely pointless and it was just something that helps wasting time.

Moaz

Reaction score
In my opinion, the most useless game ever is minecraft, because you don't have anything useful to do..just keep building and putting stuff..

JoeMilford

Reaction score
Lol I think there a lot of useless games out there. I would say one prime example is this game called grass simulator where you are literally a blade of grass that is in the ground and you watch yourself grow.
Oh wow--seriously? A GRASS SIMULATOR game? Does anything else happen at all? Does an ant crawl by? I have to look this up just for a laugh...

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I feel like the most useless games are the clicking ones, the most popular I think was cookie clicker and then there were many similarities to it. It was absolutely pointless and it was just something that helps wasting time.

I don't think that games are useless, but they are boring as hell! Oh, my... I can't stand to play them! :triumph:

WildSpirit

Reaction score
In my opinion, the most useless game ever is minecraft, because you don't have anything useful to do..just keep building and putting stuff..

Do you think Minecraft is really such a boring game to that point?:relieved: I think that game is so cool! :sweatsmile:

Gladdy

Reaction score
I think millions of Minecraft players would highly disagree with you, haha. Me included. Yes, the basic idea is building with blocks but there is far more to the actual game than that. You can try play it in a more challenging way of survival, you can craft things, trade with villagers, explore the netherworld, join any of hundreds servers that are modded and offer completely new experiences and mini-games, and so on.

I truly enjoyed playing Minecraft. I still do once in a while because it gives you complete freedom. But hey, to each his own.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Oh yea I know this program. Complete waste of money!
Well apparently the sales of this program is pretty great since people get enticed with the whole "better performance" thing that it offers. Too bad more tech-savvy users would tell you that a simple process is just needed to be activated in your PC to do the exact same thing this program does. Oh well. Pretty good bait though and I can't really blame the owner for taking advantage of less experienced Steam users with a lot of money on their hands.

ZXD22

Reaction score
Well apparently the sales of this program is pretty great since people get enticed with the whole "better performance" thing that it offers. Too bad more tech-savvy users would tell you that a simple process is just needed to be activated in your PC to do the exact same thing this program does. Oh well. Pretty good bait though and I can't really blame the owner for taking advantage of less experienced Steam users with a lot of money on their hands.
People will do anything in order to make a quick buck these days. It's sickening..

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I think millions of Minecraft players would highly disagree with you, haha. Me included. Yes, the basic idea is building with blocks but there is far more to the actual game than that. You can try play it in a more challenging way of survival, you can craft things, trade with villagers, explore the netherworld, join any of hundreds servers that are modded and offer completely new experiences and mini-games, and so on.

I truly enjoyed playing Minecraft. I still do once in a while because it gives you complete freedom. But hey, to each his own.
I think the main appeal - and main turn off - of Minecraft is the block graphics. For some, it's great and a throwback to retro gaming. To others, it looks lazy and even though the game has a lot of great aspects in it, most people who won't try the game would be stuck in the first place with the idea of looking at the graphics for the entire game.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
Most useless game ever? Easy... QWOP:tearsofjoy:

A running game where you have to control all your thigh and calve muscles. Came out in 2009 I think? It was like the "Flappy Bird" of its time but way harder. The most useless game I've ever come across lol.
Fuck This Game.jpg

Gladdy

Reaction score
I think the main appeal - and main turn off - of Minecraft is the block graphics. For some, it's great and a throwback to retro gaming. To others, it looks lazy and even though the game has a lot of great aspects in it, most people who won't try the game would be stuck in the first place with the idea of looking at the graphics for the entire game.
Oh yeah, you're right about the graphics... they are very retro and indie since an indie developer made it. But if Minecraft was truly useless, do you think that Microsoft would splash 2.5$ billion at Mojang to buy it? :D shows how good it can actually be if you use creativity.

Also, there are honestly so many mods and texture packs that improve Minecraft's graphic beyond belief... AND there's a new graphical update coming called ''Super Duper''. So, I don't know what more people could want.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Oh yeah, you're right about the graphics... they are very retro and indie since an indie developer made it. But if Minecraft was truly useless, do you think that Microsoft would splash 2.5$ billion at Mojang to buy it? :D shows how good it can actually be if you use creativity.

Also, there are honestly so many mods and texture packs that improve Minecraft's graphic beyond belief... AND there's a new graphical update coming called ''Super Duper''. So, I don't know what more people could want.
Well for me I like my first person games to have realism since you are "looking" into the game from the character's eyes. I can accept fantasy or artsy graphics when it's third person or a platform game, but if it's first person, it's gotta look realistic or it will ruin immersion. Having huge blocks that cover the environment and even the animals looks more like a kid's game over a serious game that most players see it. But that's just me, I really don't like blocky graphics.

Moaz

Reaction score
Do you think Minecraft is really such a boring game to that point?:relieved: I think that game is so cool! :sweatsmile:
I just don't like Minecraft, maybe that's my opinion and I know that many other people like Minecraft,,for me it is kind of a boring game.

Moaz

Reaction score

Well, that is my opinion about Minecraft, I've tried Minecraft before, and I was like there's nothing to do here, just put some blocks and make a useless building of blocks..and I appreciate your opinion about Minecraft. :smiley:

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
My most useless games were, 1941 (Nintendo), Minesweeper (PC), RedAlert (PlayStation version) Duck Hunt (NES) and I forgot the name of this other game that I had with SNES... All of them are such a waste of time and money.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Oy! If you think Flappy Bird is a worst game, wait till you try out GOAT SIMULATOR. I mean, WHO DOES SIMULATE A GOAT! Who the hell wants to be a goat!? XD I think goat simulator and grass growing or whatever that game is should merge!

Last edited:

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Oy! If you think Flappy Bird is a worst game, wait till you try out GOAT SIMULATOR. I mean, WHO DOES SIMULATE A GOAT! Who the hell wants to be a goat!? XD I hink goat simulator and grass growing or whatever that game is should merge!

There's too much hate against Goat Simulator here. People might not known that the game started as a simple joke, it was never meant to be released. But it got popular (I think mostly thanks to Youtube) and now it's.. well, pretty famous actually. It's a silly game, full of crazyness and easter egg, and I even had some fun with it. I wouldn't call it useless.

megaanmaarie

Reaction score
I remember the Flappy bird craze. Android did something where if you clicked here and there, a similar game would pop up. I found both of these games a waste of time and infuriating. Could never get the hang of it.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I just don't like Minecraft, maybe that's my opinion and I know that many other people like Minecraft,,for me it is kind of a boring game.

That's okay. :smile: No problem about that. What would be the fun if everyone had the same opinion, right? :sweatsmile:

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Oy! If you think Flappy Bird is a worst game, wait till you try out GOAT SIMULATOR. I mean, WHO DOES SIMULATE A GOAT! Who the hell wants to be a goat!? XD I hink goat simulator and grass growing or whatever that game is should merge!

I've never heard of this game before your comment, but by the way you said it must be something extremely ridiculous (but funny at the same time :tonguewink:)!