• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite music from which game?

LydiaHilda

Reaction score
Which game has your most favorite music?

I like the music from Diablo III's beta and World of Warcraft at this time. No doubt I'll like the Guild Wars music better than those though.
I love Final Fantasy soundtracks, especially from FFV, which was the first one I ever played! Even through the crummy GameBoy SP speakers, it was still awesome. My husband just started playing FFXIV, and I make him take his headphones off so I can hear the soundtrack too. The chocobo song is the only one that gets on my nerves since it's ALWAYS stuck in my head, haha.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within has the best soundtrack hands down. The dark theme coupled with the metal songs made for the best game of the trilogy.

Eggy216

Reaction score
I would like to quote a track in a very important part of the game - and spoiler alert, I won't go too much in details for anybody who haven't played (you should, NOW), if you have played the game you probably already figured out what part I'm talking about. This:

I think I remember what part of the game this is. . .I'll have to go back and play it to figure out if I'm right or not. At any rate, I completely agree that this soundtrack is amazing and has a direct influence on the way you experience the game. Portal without the soundtrack just wouldn't be the same, that's for sure.

As far as soundtracks to just listen to passively, I'm partial towards Minecraft. It's just nice, simple music I can play in the background while I'm doing whatever else and enjoy it (while not getting too distracted, of course).

thart

Reaction score
Don't worry because I'm working very hard on it. That's a great list with a lot of amazing songs. :smiley:
Good to hear that, I'm still excited about the awesome list in the world :sweatsmile::wink:

thart

Reaction score
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within has the best soundtrack hands down. The dark theme coupled with the metal songs made for the best game of the trilogy.
Wow i like this too, everything in this game are awesome.

thart

Reaction score
The Half Life 2 soundtrack? Weeeellll... I love the game, but honestly the music doesn't really fits me. I don't really love this genre/kind/style of music... don't know how to define it (of course the Portal songs are two exception), I prefer orchestral music, something epic and classical (like Dark Souls, or for example Shadow of Colossus which had a spectacular soundtrack).
I'm agree with you too, Half Life is an amazing game and i love to play it and I'm still playing it until now. But the soundtrack is not the the same like the game.

ZXD22

Reaction score
I have way too many favorite themes and music works from many types of games that I have played from my child hood racing favorites like Need for Speed High Stakes to Dirt 4 now. I'm always a sucker for great music in racing games to chill and cruise in.

olaryeankarh

Reaction score
It has to be the "I win, you lose" song from Dream League Soccer. Hearing that song makes me hyper-active!
And I'm like "Hey! Next team, get ready to be trashed big time."

DenisHero

Reaction score
I love the soundtrack from NFS Most Wanted 2005.
Have enjoyed the songs while racing,but seriously,you cant focus on the music while being connected into the driver mode :)
I found the full songs album on YouTube and it's totally mad(very good)
Especially the rock from Disturbed.Go check the songs in case you haven't.

Lukehh

Reaction score
Pretty much all the EA Games from the early to mid 2000's think NHL, Burnout, etc, Hell, I found one of my favorite bands. Franz Ferdinand, from a NHL game(It had take me out in it)

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I have way too many favorite themes and music works from many types of games that I have played from my child hood racing favorites like Need for Speed High Stakes to Dirt 4 now. I'm always a sucker for great music in racing games to chill and cruise in.

Need for Speed has a great combo when it comes to soundtracks. I like a lot of songs from this game. :wink:

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Pretty much all the EA Games from the early to mid 2000's think NHL, Burnout, etc, Hell, I found one of my favorite bands. Franz Ferdinand, from a NHL game(It had take me out in it)

EA Games used to have great music, but they lost their strength over time (although there are still a lot of songs... but not as much as before :weary:).

WildSpirit

Reaction score
It has to be the "I win, you lose" song from Dream League Soccer. Hearing that song makes me hyper-active!
And I'm like "Hey! Next team, get ready to be trashed big time."

I still don't know this song, but by the way you described it, it seems to be great music. Am I right? :sweatsmile: I think I'm gonna check it out later. :wink:

tinkerlove

Reaction score
I love the music on the original Sims Bustin Out. It's so soothing and relaxing before I know it I've been playing for hours

Lukehh

Reaction score
Need for Speed has a great combo when it comes to soundtracks. I like a lot of songs from this game. :wink:
Yeah, The Forza Horizon games too, ditto for a lot of recent open world racing games.(I guess my preference for energetic songs helps, since they are the usual pick for racing soundtracks)

I also LOVED the GTA V sound track, VBR had some artists I knew already(Fidlar and Bass Drum of Death) and put me on to a few new bands.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I love the music on the original Sims Bustin Out. It's so soothing and relaxing before I know it I've been playing for hours

All The Sims game have a pretty nice soundtrack! Really happy and relaxing, it always manages to make me smile while playing the game - it probably help also the general humorous stlye and tone of the games, but the music also help. It perfectly fits.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I'm so glad to see that other people here do love the soundtracks of the Metal Gear Solid series. The music was so well written that it goes along the quality of the game. The main theme music of Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops is my favorite of all. Calling to the Night is a very sad song, depicting the fallen soldiers of the battlefield. I also love the Sins of the Father and Love Deterrence.
Also I love the soundtracks of Undertale especially Hopes and Dreams. It's very wholesome, associated with the Pacifist route.

fireball916

Reaction score
As a Star Wars fan I quite enjoy the Star Wars soundtracks and music so naturally I'd have to say my favorite music from a game is any Star Wars game with Star Wars Battlefront games leading the way.

overcast

Reaction score
I have also enjoyed the EA games music. I think some of the games in the Unreal tournament like category also have nice sountrack. You can also get some good soundtrack inside the games like Serious Sam and others. Mostly some FPS games tend to have the nice music as well. That's what I have found out.