• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Most 'useless' game ever?

Scholarkin

Reaction score
Games, both mobile and PC are supposed to entertain us.
However there are several games out there which are nothing to write home about.
My question then is, which is the most useless or worst game you played with seriousness?
With no bad strings attached, I think mine is "FLAPPY BIRD".
I have missed that game though.
Tell us about yours.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
There's this "CPUcores" program on Steam that costs about $15, and it apparently makes the computer faster by activating some processes. The truth is, any computer can do it manually, and the program is nothing more than an activator, meaning you're paying $15 to just use a function your PC has had the whole time. It's a total rip-off and gaming forums all over have been warning their other members no not purchase this program no matter what the cost.

Sino989

Reaction score
Lol I think there a lot of useless games out there. I would say one prime example is this game called grass simulator where you are literally a blade of grass that is in the ground and you watch yourself grow.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I don't know if this is still going on, but there used to be a trend at one point where simulator games were incredibly popular. And I'm not talking about the high quality simulation games such as Microsoft Flight Simulator X or Euro Truck simulator. I'm talking about the ones that didn't take themselves seriously, such as Goat Simulator, Bear Simulator, Shower With Your Dad Simulator, and all the other ridiculous titles. The only reason they even exist is because small developers wanted to hop on the bandwagon and cash in on a stupid trend. Some people find them fun, I think they're dumb and useless.

That being said, they usually do make for some funny Let's Play videos on YouTube, but no way would you ever catch me actually paying money for them.

Scholarkin

Reaction score
Lol I think there a lot of useless games out there. I would say one prime example is this game called grass simulator where you are literally a blade of grass that is in the ground and you watch yourself grow.
Haha. This got me cracking!
Grass growing is now a game?
Wow, wonders shall never end.
I will create my game soon where a man will be walking from house to house. That's all.

Scholarkin

Reaction score
I don't know if this is still going on, but there used to be a trend at one point where simulator games were incredibly popular. And I'm not talking about the high quality simulation games such as Microsoft Flight Simulator X or Euro Truck simulator. I'm talking about the ones that didn't take themselves seriously, such as Goat Simulator, Bear Simulator, Shower With Your Dad Simulator, and all the other ridiculous titles. The only reason they even exist is because small developers wanted to hop on the bandwagon and cash in on a stupid trend. Some people find them fun, I think they're dumb and useless.

That being said, they usually do make for some funny Let's Play videos on YouTube, but no way would you ever catch me actually paying money for them.
I never knew such games exist till today.
I don't know since when people started buying those 'craps' of games. Lol
I pity them very much . Throwing their keys into the sea.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Haha. This got me cracking!
Grass growing is now a game?
Wow, wonders shall never end.
I will create my game soon where a man will be walking from house to house. That's all.
Sounds fun actually. When you get tired of slashing up monsters, solving puzzles, and basically being the only one who can stop world-ending scenarios, you'd like to be a patch of grass as well to relax. Honestly for me I just want to be a farmer or a fisherman in a video game while the heroes save the day. I don't have to risk my life for people who won't care or know, and I can just sit quietly in a small area and relax.

Scholarkin

Reaction score
Sounds fun actually. When you get tired of slashing up monsters, solving puzzles, and basically being the only one who can stop world-ending scenarios, you'd like to be a patch of grass as well to relax. Honestly for me I just want to be a farmer or a fisherman in a video game while the heroes save the day. I don't have to risk my life for people who won't care or know, and I can just sit quietly in a small area and relax.
Nice.
I like your game dream.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Nice.
I like your game dream.
Why is it my job to save the world? Surely the world can manage without their hero for a day or two. I swear in Skyrim all I wanted was to get a farm somewhere and just relax. But hey, duty calls, huh?

Scholarkin

Reaction score
Why is it my job to save the world? Surely the world can manage without their hero for a day or two. I swear in Skyrim all I wanted was to get a farm somewhere and just relax. But hey, duty calls, huh?
Hehe.
You've gotten me cracking.lol
Oh, you can be our hero. The world needs you.
You really have games! Skyrim? What is that?

valy

Reaction score
I agree with Flappy Bird, but the worst game I have ever played was Dragon Age II because they have removed a lot of things from this game and the characters act like dumb. I never played such a worse game and I never buy a game without a recommendation from my good friends or my friends online!

thart

Reaction score
I agree that Flappy Bird is the worst game I've played ever, and i don't think myslef trying to playing it again or only just thinking about it.

Scholarkin

Reaction score
I agree that Flappy Bird is the worst game I've played ever, and i don't think myslef trying to playing it again or only just thinking about it.
Indeed, Flappy bird is so bad! I'm glad they never released later version. Sadly, it was so addictive then.
Playing that game is like catching the wind. It Cos90.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
So many games on my PC, but probably the worst instance is Metin 2. Around the 2008-2012 era I was incredibly keen on this game and played it for hours upon hours. The fact that Gameforge doesn't care about the game at all saddens me.

Westbay

Reaction score
There was this game on PS1 then 'Pepsi Man' when I was a little younger I visited an arcade center and this dude plays the game a lot it was on PS1 the game was just like the modern day temple run the, he just keeps getting cans of pepsi I think it was Japanese. The song goes thus 'Pepsi Man"!!! It was sickening

JoeMilford

Reaction score
Good Lord, Flappy Bird was a colossal waste. However, I think I have that topped--growing up, I loved playing Mario and Super-Mario, but I made the mistake of acquiring Hotel Mario once. Now THAT was the worst game I think I ever tried to like. Ridiculously bad.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
There's one game that truly embodies the idea of "useless game". It's called "The Most Expensive App", it came out last year on Android, I believe, and it costs 350$. All it does is display a diamond once you open it, and that diamond isn't even shown in the app's preview screenshot. Great example of crappy idea with wonderful promotion, though.

ZXD22

Reaction score
There's this "CPUcores" program on Steam that costs about $15, and it apparently makes the computer faster by activating some processes. The truth is, any computer can do it manually, and the program is nothing more than an activator, meaning you're paying $15 to just use a function your PC has had the whole time. It's a total rip-off and gaming forums all over have been warning their other members no not purchase this program no matter what the cost.
Oh yea I know this program. Complete waste of money!

mcbryan

Reaction score
Well for me the most useless game I played is the "Angry Birds". This game annoyed me by unrealistic and boring gaming rules and graphics. I will not recommend this game because of its all crap! Even it is made for children it won't hide the fact that children may adapt the game and apply it in real life. We don't want that to happen because if you do its gonna be worst. Angry Birds is useless and boring.

DenisHero

Reaction score
Most useless game for me was Goodgame Gangster(a browser game)
I played it for 5 years and spent around 300$(money made online of course).Then,in February 2017,the game had started to be hacked and they took over the leaderboard.
Somehow,I managed to find the magic hack and I used it on my acc..Tomorrow morning,my acc got permanent ban.
Not sad,because I have met lot of people,to whom I had fun and still keep in touch with most of them.
By these means,I have also improved my English chatting skills and vocabulary.